As a young business I have a dream that I am pursuing. I want to help businesses build better businesses through branding. And so far each project I have completed has helped that business do better, whether thats just giving the business confidence or seeing their profit margin increase. And that's great and you could argue that, that is success, but I want more. I want to help more businesses do better. I'm not well known but I have a passion for helping others to succeed. The more I see them succeed the more I feel fulfilled. But I wonder myself will I be successful? And then I ask myself what does success look like for me? I write it down (so I know what I am aiming for) and I remind myself that everyday is a step closer towards that dream.
There are some really practical steps you can take:
- Write it down and make it plain - what does success look like to you?
- Celebrate the small things - when you reach any milestone, stop and take a moment to take it in
- Remind yourself of why you are doing this
- Seek encouragement - This is a big one for me, I have found that in running my own business there isn't a lot of encouragement and I either have to encourage myself or seek out people who can come along side me to encourage me. Because some days are just hard.
- I am often saying this but find a business mentor/coach/adviser
- Keep learning; read, study and explore it will only enrich your life and help your business
- Don't compare yourself. It is good to keep an eye on the competition but not to the detriment of your soul! Be you, love you, express you not a second rate version of something else.
Somedays I just find it hard to write a blog post, but I remind myself this is all part of the big picture. And so I write to encourage others to help you build yourself and your business, because ultimately our businesses are a reflection of us the individual or of the leadership as a collective. Stay true to who you are. Let me know how you got through the early days/years, or if you are struggling right now, let me know if there is something I can blog about for you that will help you go to the next stage.